Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Vroom Vroom - Race Car Cake!!



Ok, I'm only a month late on posting this one. I was asked to do a race car cake with blue sides, checkered top and race car numbers on the sides. My first thought? OREO TIRES!!!! I don't know about you but I'm always looking for an excuse to buy Oreos. :) Like when target came out with Candy Corn Oreos!!! How cool were those! Ok, so they tasted like cake batter... but honestly I like that better than candy corn anyway, so... What were we talking about? Oh yeah. RACE CAR CAKE AWESOMENESS!!


I should probably have taken pictures of the process... I'm not quite sure what I did to make the checkered top...but I am surprised it turned out as well as it did.

And note to self, while it was super easy to wrap the blue fondant around the side of the cake, not a good plan. Apparently it started sliding down at one point. Oops.


I wish I could have seen the kids' face when they bit into the Oreo tires. They were expecting frosting. Not fondant!
I wonder if we have any Oreos in the pantry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment