Saturday, September 8, 2012

Happy Anniversary

Happy Anniversary to myself!  I need to post more often I am noticing.

To celebrate, actually this was just a coincidence, today I spent 8 hours downtown at the All Things Baking expo Business for Bakers seminar. It was hosted by four guys with a good 20-30 years of baking business experience each talking about the business of baking. How to open and run your own bakery. I was afraid it would be boring but it was quite interesting the whole day.

Tomorrow I get to take two classes with Bronwen Weber, piping wedding cakes and a chocolate class. I would probably get more out of some of the other classes offered, but come on, its Bronwen Weber! Why not!! I'm also excited just to see the expo, to see what's new in the world of baking!

As a side note, as I've been working on the trade shows we have coming up for the office, so i'm interested to see the booth styles people are using at this show. The trade shows I will get to go to for work are oil and gas related, not nearly as exciting. Who knows, maybe I'll find an idea to steal anyway. Baking or marketing related. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment